The Naver Teleservice Centre is a Community Telecottage in the settlement of Bettyhill in North Sutherland,
The Naver Teleservice Centre exists to encourage training, advance education and improve employment prospects by promoting industry and commerce for the population of Bettyhill, Strathnaver, Altnaharra and the surrounding area. This being a geographically challenged, economically deprived and fragile rural community.
We provide a number of services including :
- Free Use of Computers
- Free Internet Access and E-mail (supported by the
HighlandCouncil Library Service)
- Office Services (Photocopying, Faxing, Word Processing etc)
- We also provide Office Accomodation on a per hour/day/week/month basis.
- An Internet PC is available at the North Coast Leisure Centre when the NTC is closed
The Centre provides a location for these Community Services :
- Highland Council Service Point (Mon to Fri 09:30 to 12:30)
- Public Library (times as Service Point)
- Doctor: Armadale Medical Practice (Tuesdays and Fridays from 09:45)
- Banking Service: Royal Bank of
- Friday 10:00 to 12:00 Scotland
CaithnessCitizens Advice Bureau: Last Wednesday of the month from 12:30
HighlandCouncil Social Services
The services of the NTC are available to everyone who wishes to use them, including visitors to the area. The catchment area of the NTC is roughly a triangle bounded by Tongue to the west, Armadale to the east and Altnaharra in the south, the population of this area is approximately 1100 people.
The Naver Teleservice Centre was incorporated in August 1992, and is a Company Limited by Guarantee Registered in Scotland No. 140712; it is also recognised as a Charity in Scotland: SCO20662. The NTC is run by a Board of Directors consisting of 8 local people; with the day-to-day management and administration being performed by the manager, Libby Mackay.Address:
Naver Teleservice Centre
Phone/Fax: + 44 (0) 1641 521 460